View Profile HipnikDragomir

154 Movie Reviews

I was ready to blam, but boy this quickly picked up in quality thanks to the writing and shitty voice acting. Old-fashioned flash cartoon at its finest. Good stuff.

Classic Newgrounds shit right here. I really like the simple art style, the jokes, and the amateur voice acting nails it. Very charming and funny. Well done.

I was expecting a very generic "bad drawing" joke, and although it technically happened, you handled it very well and it came out funny. Great overall style, animation, and audio. Not too sure about the quote repeating.

13 Game Reviews

The production values overall are excellent, save for maybe the music and control feel. What I personally don't like is that it's just a reskin of Zelda and I think it's kinda lame. You can for whatever you want, of course, but I'd push it farther into something unique that can still carry its influences.

Wolod responds:

I totally understand your point. I'll try to add more original and fresh elements if I ever start making a sequel to this game.

I like the set-up, the controls for the main character and his design, but the levels, audio, enemies and environments are just really bland and lacking. Spastic enemies running at you, shooting at you, and generic platforming. The first section is nothing but grey and the many layers of bricks make it unclear what I'm looking at. As the images of later sections show, I can see colour themes for each section, but you can incorporate different patterns, colour variations, and ease up on detail everywhere. A promising start, here.

This really has potential. I like the cute graphics, the "story", and the remix (along with the crab dancing), but it's obviously rough given the timeframe. If you'd like, I'd say you ought to work more and refine this.

Pachachos responds:

Thanks a lot, we're glad you liked it. It's not really refined or optimized because we only had 48 hours to create it, but we'll consider to work more on it ^^

19 Audio Reviews

Very nice funky jam. I feel like there's too much high-frequency stuff without any warmth, but the composition itself is great, even though I can tell it sounds like an experiment. You dudez would do well to make more electronic rock stuff.

Pretty good

I don't listen to this type of music, but this is borderline professional. Beautiful voice suits perfectly to both the calm verses and energetic chorus. Standard song structure works fine. One thing I noticed was your voice stands out way too much during the chorus. It's too loud/forward in the mix. Maybe a little reverb would've helped. Anyway, good jorb.

Jacob responds:

And a good jorb on this review!
Yeah, I have a really hard time figuring out how my vocals should sound compared to the music. I felt that the chorus effect helped make it sound less present, and more a part of the music. But, I have a lot to learn!
Thanks for the review. Hopefully I can fix it in future songs. :)

Damn, son

As soon as it "started", I was hit with a sandwich of these two games' flavour. If I listened to them on their own, I'm pretty sure those two names would have popped up in my head. Very funky but also forward-focused. Nice, warm sound and good progressions. Mixing is great for all the main instruments; the strings are a bit iffy along with one other sound. Regardless, well done.

teddygram responds:

Thanks! I actually just used the MIDI instruments on my keyboard. Had I used VSTs, I think I would have picked strings with a stronger attack. Thanks for the thorough review!

177 Art Reviews

This... this tastes like SPEEDO SAUSAGE

Very nice piece overall, though. Not entirely consistent colours/rendering and the hard line separating the left and right, especially with that strong yellow is a bit jarring. Text needs to stand out more

Real quick, I enjoy the composition and colours, but the flatness of the girls' faces is really bothering me. Like, their features are really pushed back like an old cartoon character that got flattened from a fall. The lighting enforces that, too. Not sure if style or oversight. Also, the watermark at the bottom intrudes too much in a strangely small, but obnoxious way. Besides that, fun piece.

DashXero responds:

Thanks for the feedback!

Look, it's cute and all, but this is not Art Portal material. It's a sketch. A doodle. When you're uploading these, don't check the "not a sketch" box.

My mom says I'm handsome.

Michalis Nicolaou @HipnikDragomir