Lucy Heartfilia in the Sofa V2 Lucy Heartfilia in the Sofa V2

Look, man. All you did was copy and paste the face from a picture. For starters, that's no effort done out of spite. It's obviously not going to work. It definitely helps make her look like the character, but not in the artistic way. You have to draw it yourself and meld that original style with your own original style.

pinoytoons responds:

perhaps you didn't clarify. i just thought you wanted to see anime face on it. it's not mainly out of spite. i also wanted to see the feedbacks on this 2nd version. some folks actually like it too and that is compelling for me. as for the artistic way , i did it here http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pinoytoons/sexy-lucy
this is before the animation. i did'nt recieve the kind of nitpick. i still have it in my library so i used the same face from that drawing because i thought i have the "go". i may or may not revision this model depending if i want to make a full hentai piece of this character. this kind of post are just probing the marketplace. i appreciate the review. i'll take note of our conversation

Lucy Heartfilia in the Sofa Lucy Heartfilia in the Sofa

Look, man, I I like your work. I can see you improving over time. HOWEVER, when you're doing pre-existing characters, you NEED to change your art style. At the very least the face. The only thing here that suggests it's Lucy is the hair and tie. Apart from that, it looks nothing like her. You also use the same voluptuous body type for every cartoon. The appeal here is supposed to be that it looks like the character, otherwise it's just a generic hot girl.

pinoytoons responds:

perhaps you did'nt read the description. the intention is not to appeal but to show improvements on the animation.

but i did your suggestion here http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/693149

Sukna Lake Sukna Lake

There's definitely something here. I do see some sort of style going on with the marker-looking drawings and limited animation, but of course it looks rushed/unfinished/unrefined. The sounds, too, would help if they were all there. The story seemed vague, though, because of the rough presentation. Keep at it.

Shantae Meets Sonic Shantae Meets Sonic

I actually liked this. I thought the crass writing was hilarious with the timing and everything. Really should've made it longer. And, y'know, put a logo in the main menu.

StaticSkull responds:

I know, but I got caught in so many other projects, so I cut it short

NG's 20th Anniversary Collab NG's 20th Anniversary Collab

So proud to be a part of this

I've been a somewhat early attendee of Newgrounds since 2002/2003~ from 3rd grade onwards, and this site has been a large part of my childhood and inspiration as an artist. I regretfully didn't have the time to do much to contribute, but I still did with one of my favourite early series (Kermit Kombat), so I'm satisfied. Thank you for letting me be a part of this historical collab and here's to many more years in this shithole!

NG BBS Quiz 2012 NG BBS Quiz 2012

Pretty cool

Having been a regular, I understood most but only got the :/ medal cos I forgot some. Eh. Some simple sound effects would help the presentation. The UI is clean and functional enough.

Amaranthus responds:

I'll see what I can do.

[DeshRock2] [DeshRock2]

Very nice funky jam. I feel like there's too much high-frequency stuff without any warmth, but the composition itself is great, even though I can tell it sounds like an experiment. You dudez would do well to make more electronic rock stuff.

Himynameisjacob Himynameisjacob

Pretty good

I don't listen to this type of music, but this is borderline professional. Beautiful voice suits perfectly to both the calm verses and energetic chorus. Standard song structure works fine. One thing I noticed was your voice stands out way too much during the chorus. It's too loud/forward in the mix. Maybe a little reverb would've helped. Anyway, good jorb.

Jacob responds:

And a good jorb on this review!
Yeah, I have a really hard time figuring out how my vocals should sound compared to the music. I felt that the chorus effect helped make it sound less present, and more a part of the music. But, I have a lot to learn!
Thanks for the review. Hopefully I can fix it in future songs. :)

Maverick Hunter Maverick Hunter

Damn, son

As soon as it "started", I was hit with a sandwich of these two games' flavour. If I listened to them on their own, I'm pretty sure those two names would have popped up in my head. Very funky but also forward-focused. Nice, warm sound and good progressions. Mixing is great for all the main instruments; the strings are a bit iffy along with one other sound. Regardless, well done.

teddygram responds:

Thanks! I actually just used the MIDI instruments on my keyboard. Had I used VSTs, I think I would have picked strings with a stronger attack. Thanks for the thorough review!

Lliri Lliri

I'll echo what others are saying and provide my own thoughts. Since I saw the previous drawing, I really liked her design.

First off, the anatomy here is, indeed, a bit off. The hand hanging down is too small and the other arm needs reworking. Try looking at references because that's always a hard post to do. The boobies are also too low, like the other person said. The ear is a bit too puffy, too, like it got swollen from a bee sting.

Besides that, personally, I'm not feeling the overall colour palette. Or maybe it's also the clothes. The top half looks great, but the bottom half doesn't compliment the top as well in my eye. That's just me, though. Maybe if it was a skirt instead of shorts? Or maybe it's an anatomy thing where the belt is too high up. I really like this character, so go ahead and see what you can do with her, like wardrobe changes and whatnot.

WhiteLilyQueen responds:

I agree with them and with you too on the anatomy part and I appreciate a lot your help since I am always doing mistakes and I'm always try to improve(without others pointing them out I would go on without noticing them and not trying to correct them), but the color palette and clothing style was made this way on purpose, to not fit because unlike my other characters she's different.I want her outfit to tell something about her.She doesn't have quite good tastes and doesn't know how to combine clothes and colors.Also I want her to be clumsy and usually don't know what to do and how to do things right.This reflects even on the clothing style.I tried to give her an outfit that I would hate too.And yeah,no corespondence between the upper part and lower part.

faye is hit from behind faye is hit from behind

Clean, well animated, etc. However, I think it would've been perfect if you retained her original thin proportions. The blocky shading above her boobs also is kinda jarring, also. Would've been better if you just left it out if not make it smoother somehow.

Logo Attempt Logo Attempt

I do like the imagery and effects used, but perhaps you can try the same thing but make them just sharp and simple?

RealFaction responds:

I guess. Thanks. I wanted to make it sharper but wasnt sure how. I was aiming for a flame-like smoky effect with the pink.