[DeshRock2] [DeshRock2]

Very nice funky jam. I feel like there's too much high-frequency stuff without any warmth, but the composition itself is great, even though I can tell it sounds like an experiment. You dudez would do well to make more electronic rock stuff.

Himynameisjacob Himynameisjacob

Pretty good

I don't listen to this type of music, but this is borderline professional. Beautiful voice suits perfectly to both the calm verses and energetic chorus. Standard song structure works fine. One thing I noticed was your voice stands out way too much during the chorus. It's too loud/forward in the mix. Maybe a little reverb would've helped. Anyway, good jorb.

Jacob responds:

And a good jorb on this review!
Yeah, I have a really hard time figuring out how my vocals should sound compared to the music. I felt that the chorus effect helped make it sound less present, and more a part of the music. But, I have a lot to learn!
Thanks for the review. Hopefully I can fix it in future songs. :)

Maverick Hunter Maverick Hunter

Damn, son

As soon as it "started", I was hit with a sandwich of these two games' flavour. If I listened to them on their own, I'm pretty sure those two names would have popped up in my head. Very funky but also forward-focused. Nice, warm sound and good progressions. Mixing is great for all the main instruments; the strings are a bit iffy along with one other sound. Regardless, well done.

teddygram responds:

Thanks! I actually just used the MIDI instruments on my keyboard. Had I used VSTs, I think I would have picked strings with a stronger attack. Thanks for the thorough review!

Mountainside Jangalang Mountainside Jangalang

Hm

Nice overall sound and I like how it picks up. The audio quality is clear and dry, so it compliments the instrument's sound. The thing is, the fills you make sorta throw off the timing and the final bit is entirely off. Still, it ended nicely with that (augmented?) chord. Well done

Atlantis World To Atlantis War Atlantis World To Atlantis War

Right on

I like these concept works. Definitely sounds like the music that would play for an animated thing regarding the events, particularly here on NG. The percussion and general sound of it all is pretty stark compared to the first sequence's ambience, but it still works depending on how you look at it. The tunes are all creative and pleasing to listen to - no filler shit.

As for the audio quality, I'll have to check the Soundcloud version, but it sounds good so far.

Well done.

Insanctuary responds:

It was a very proud project of mine, I am glad you enjoyed it.

Red Guy & Wakko Imitation Red Guy & Wakko Imitation

Bloody hell

This accuracy of tone and shit is almost perfect, but you got the mannerisms down solid! Right on, bro.

Elisions [A-C] Elisions [A-C]

Holy shit

The general sound happening in this is incredible. The structure itself may be just experimenting, but it sounds really good. Shame you haven't done anything together since

Autumn-Collapse responds:

Thanks a lot! The structure is a little weird, yeah, but in general we really liked the melodies and harmonies coming out of this thing.

We haven't played music together in a while, but we are still playing music on our own! And actually, the original two members (me [Mikey] and Zach) have made one more song together. Check it out if you want, it's called "We Remain Dormant In Fear of Seclusion"

See you around,
-AC

-+[Ashen Feathers]+- -+[Ashen Feathers]+-

Oh, my

Sounds like something I'd hear in a fantasy movie. Or An Elder Scrolls game. Shit. Absolutely lovely tune. Everything sounds crisp and nothing standing out badly or anything, Well done, gurl.

LadyArsenic responds:

Thank you so much! I actually talked to one of my favorite composers of all time (Jake "VIRT" Kaufman) and he gave me so much good advice on mixing my instruments, so I can thank him for having better sound these days. I've missed doing my fantasy tunes, they always have all my feels in them. I'm so so glad that you could enjoy this piece as much as I have! Thanks for listening, youuu! <3

Is this good?? Is this good??

Bumpin'

I really dig this. Simple jam. At around thirty, when the bass drum sound speeds up, I think it was a little too sudden. A dozen or so seconds later, I heard what sounded like a bridge fading in to a different section, but it was just a false alarm, apparently. It would've helped if you went with it to transition into 00:55. The second time it speeds up, it's fine, but the following speed-downs and ups I wasn't feeling. Keep trying, homie. And do choose a name for it.

Uncle Benja - Warrior Uncle Benja - Warrior

Aw shit

This be mad bangin' yo. Varied enough to make it interesting. The drumming bridge at 1:04 and 1:36 is a bit weak, though. I think it just gets too slurred or something. My favourite part is the final one. Will this be on your album?

benjadaninja responds: