All 181 art Reviews

Zone-tan Zone-tan

Just a note on the figure. She clearly has her boobies popping out over the top of her outfit, but you show the sweater puppies way down there as well. This is either an error or she has massive sagging grandma titties. Besides that, her bottom half doesn't have as much detail/finish as the top half and her hands are quite masculine. That aside, the overall piece is pretty and I like the colours used.

AntonOxenuk responds:

Thank you very much for the feedback :) I'll try harder next time!

faye is hit from behind faye is hit from behind

Clean, well animated, etc. However, I think it would've been perfect if you retained her original thin proportions. The blocky shading above her boobs also is kinda jarring, also. Would've been better if you just left it out if not make it smoother somehow.

Logo Attempt Logo Attempt

I do like the imagery and effects used, but perhaps you can try the same thing but make them just sharp and simple?

RealFaction responds:

I guess. Thanks. I wanted to make it sharper but wasnt sure how. I was aiming for a flame-like smoky effect with the pink.

.a....i Relaxing .a....i Relaxing

Damn, the way you drew the hair is magnificent. Really sharp overall, and the colour is relaxing to look at. The background is good, too, except are the cracks from an image you found? They look pretty low resolution. As for the person, you ought to start doing figure drawing and learning how to draw bodies. It'd help out immensely.

DARKRYAN responds:

Glad you like the hair and background. The cracks are just a texture brush that "Manga Studio" has. Though I definitely agree that the textures for the cracks could've been better. (Probably should've just created my own textures for them. XD.) And yeah. Definitely have a way to go on anatomy. I've got my own style down pretty well, but it'd definitely be interesting to see how learning proper anatomy would affect my art. Arigatou for your comment. :3.

practice practice

Strange perspective going on there between the woman and the hand. The difference between her size, the size of his hand going out a bit, and the terrain doesn't mingle very well. Other than that, cool imagery, colour, and lighting.

johnyv47 responds:

thanks man, I'll take better care of this next time. really appreciate it

Gekko Strut Gekko Strut

Yay, motion tweening. It's faithfully drawn with lots of nice detail and has smooth motion, but to those of us who are into animation, the digital shortcut stands out like a sore thumb.

Newgrounds Holiday Skin 2015 Newgrounds Holiday Skin 2015

Wonderful job, Mr. Harry. I love how you drew all these classic characters in your own style. Excellently arranged together, too. Cheers

Punk Princess v2.0 Punk Princess v2.0

Bold new flavour

This is the kind of art style that I appreciate and couldn't dare to try and fail at. Really bold lighting and shading with pop art-like colours and pizazz. "Interesting" subject matter, sure, but this oozes style and I dig it. Good figure, too, though the hand with the phone looks a little janky. Regardless, very well done.

Freddy Mercury Freddy Mercury

Alright

Nice drawing. Accurate. Stylish. Sketchy with good use of colour... uhh... so, the background. I like the idea of keeping it simple with immediate yellow then white, but... it's kinda ... not good. A random, stretched blob. Not sure how to describe what I'm thinking. It's not "enough". You feelin' me?

dommi-fresh responds:

I left the the background as simple as possible the main focus if freddy and only freddy. So I chose to have the background as one solid colour

Eskimo Bob Arcade Eskimo Bob Arcade

Most excellent

Damn, I hadn't even caught whiff of that Kickstarter (hence unsuccessful). I don't know why they need $8,000 to make a 10-minute cartoon, but whatever.

Anyway, this looks really neat-o. Very good job capturing the 16-bit (or 32?) look. Everything is simple and works well. The lives heads could have been a bit bigger, though, cos it looks like you need to search for them. Nice job on Bob's highlights while firing the fish. Alfonso could have used some dramatic lighting/shading akin to Dragon Ball Z during his super saiyan form there. Also a smoke effect from the ground where the laser hits. That's all I can think of. Good job and long live Eskimo Bob.

ScepterDPinoy responds:

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I've should've polish it a bit of what you metioned before I upload this art.